1. Changing attitude toward your relationship: more argumentative, critical or distant -- less affectionate -- increased need for "space"
2. Unexplained absences: staying later at work -- leaving the office for lunch more often -- spending more time "with friends" or pursuing a new hobby during evenings and weekends --frequently off running lengthy "errands"
3. Increase in personal expenses: seems to go through pocket money at a faster rate -- credit card spending jumps
4. Changing telephone use patterns: spends more time on the phone -- seems anxious to be first to answer phone when it rings -- mysterious incoming calls, hang-ups, "wrong numbers" -- suddenly "needs" a new cell phone or pager
5. Greater attention to personal appearance: begins a crash diet or exercise program -- trendy new wardrobe, fragrance, hairstyle or nails
6. Added interest in the mail: wants to limit your access to it, especially phone bills, bank, and credit card statements -- personal letters (but probably not postcards) from a long-lost "friend" or "relative"
7. Articles of unknown origin: slips of paper with names, phone numbers, dates/times/locations stashed in pockets, wallet or purse -- receipts showing unmentioned purchases -- matchbooks from unknown bars or restaurants -- strange cigarette, gum or food wrappers in vehicle
8. Mysterious bite marks, bruises, scratches, skin irritations: can't explain how "that got there"
9. Changing sex drive: decreased interest in sex -- more aggressive/hostile during sex and less tender/romantic -- newfound knowledge regarding a previously unexplored technique or position
10. Unexplained odor or stain: comes home smelling of cologne or tobacco that is clearly not their own -- lipstick on shirt collar -- stained clothing