Pre-employment ScreeningBillions of dollars are lost by businesses annually due to theft, turnover, training costs, fraudulent insurance claims, drug and alcohol abuse and negligent hiring lawsuits.
Did you know that:
- Theft in the workplace costs employers in excess of $15 billion annually, with 30% of all business failures attributed to employee theft.
- There are two million incidents of workplace violence annually, including more than 1,000 murders.
- A bad hire who leaves a company within six months costs the company approximately $40,000 in severance pay, advertising, interviewing, training costs and loss of productivity.
- Theft of proprietary information alone cost 186 companies $151 million in 2000.
- The average employee embezzlement exceeds $125,000.
- Thirty-three percent of job applications and resumes contain misrepresentations.
- Nearly every state has a negligent hiring statute that recognizes an employer is responsible for checking the background and references of a job applicant and can be held financially and criminally liable for the actions of an employee.